10 Things
Five posts in one day--crazy. But I'm totally in the writing mood, and I've learned you just have to go with it when it strikes. Plus, I'm waiting on a pizza and need to kill some time. Time never passes more slowly than when you're waiting on a pizza or a call from your attorney.
This is a total rip-off from Jenn's blog, but I'm pretty sure she won't mind, since she ripped it off from someone else's blog. It's one of those self-exploratory things that I find completely compelling. I read all of Jenn's friends similar postings, and you should too, although I gotta warn you--it can suck you in for an entire day. (Warning: Some of this is pretty bitter--sorry. It's what I'm feeling right now. Other parts are uplifting, so bear with me.)
Here's the deal:
List ten things you want to say to people you know but you never will, for whatever reason. Don't say who they are. Use each person only once:
1. I don't know exactly what you said to him, although I've got a good idea, you little shit. You attributed to me the things that you did, didn't you, you hypocrite? The only reason I didn't tell him from the start how you were constantly hitting on me is because I thought I could handle you (which I did), and I thought you were inconsequential (which you are). Well, you certainly seized your opportunity to be "important," even if it was all lies. You are a pathetic, sad man. From my friend whom you "dated" a while back, I understand that you have an unusually small penis, and I'm not surprised. I really hope your girlfriend, who is way too good for you, wises up and dumps you before you grow a set and try to make a serious committment to her. You make me sick.
2. Even now, I'm sorry about the way your wedding turned out, and I'm sorry that it was partly my fault. I wish I had handled it and acted better. I just couldn't believe you were marrying that jackass. I wonder if you're still married to him. I'm sorry we lost touch, and I think about you often. I miss you, and I hope you're O.K.
3. You have been my rock through all of this shit, and one of the best things that has come out of it is that you and I have gotten closer. I think you are one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and I'm so thankful to have you in my life. I know we will be in each other's lives forever. I love you.
4. Even though you were his friend first, you know that over the years, you and I got much closer than you and he will ever be. So why won't you call me? Because he told you not to? I could really use your friendship right now. But whatever.
5. I'm sorry I didn't make my feelings more clear or express them in a better way. I know you thought they (my feelings) were circumstantial--being in Africa and all. And I know you didn't trust them, for that reason. But they were real. I wonder if I'll ever see or talk to you again.
6. I wish we were closer. I've tried, and I know you have too. Some things you just can't force, and being related to someone doesn't guarantee closeness. I love you very much anyway, and I'll try hard to be there for you and your kids as much as I can.
7. I know you tried and did the best you could, even if some of it was very wrong and misguided. You always meant and tried to do the right thing. I'm so happy we have the solid relationship we have today--it is one of the most important things in my life.
8. I love you--I always have--but you infuriate me. You don't know why. You should.
9. I will never understand why you claimed to love me for who I am and then expected me to change, completely, into the opposite of who I am. And then blamed me for it. You have taught me a valuable lesson, though, and now I know I will never let anyone crush my spirit or snuff out who I am. Thank you.
10. This is a group one--I'm cheating, but I don't care. This group deserves it. You are all awesome. Thank you for your support, for making me laugh, for making the day-to-day bearable. Words can't do justice to my gratitude and happiness for having all of you in my life. (Pretty sappy, I know. Sorry. Again--I'm feeling it now.)
This is a total rip-off from Jenn's blog, but I'm pretty sure she won't mind, since she ripped it off from someone else's blog. It's one of those self-exploratory things that I find completely compelling. I read all of Jenn's friends similar postings, and you should too, although I gotta warn you--it can suck you in for an entire day. (Warning: Some of this is pretty bitter--sorry. It's what I'm feeling right now. Other parts are uplifting, so bear with me.)
Here's the deal:
List ten things you want to say to people you know but you never will, for whatever reason. Don't say who they are. Use each person only once:
1. I don't know exactly what you said to him, although I've got a good idea, you little shit. You attributed to me the things that you did, didn't you, you hypocrite? The only reason I didn't tell him from the start how you were constantly hitting on me is because I thought I could handle you (which I did), and I thought you were inconsequential (which you are). Well, you certainly seized your opportunity to be "important," even if it was all lies. You are a pathetic, sad man. From my friend whom you "dated" a while back, I understand that you have an unusually small penis, and I'm not surprised. I really hope your girlfriend, who is way too good for you, wises up and dumps you before you grow a set and try to make a serious committment to her. You make me sick.
2. Even now, I'm sorry about the way your wedding turned out, and I'm sorry that it was partly my fault. I wish I had handled it and acted better. I just couldn't believe you were marrying that jackass. I wonder if you're still married to him. I'm sorry we lost touch, and I think about you often. I miss you, and I hope you're O.K.
3. You have been my rock through all of this shit, and one of the best things that has come out of it is that you and I have gotten closer. I think you are one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and I'm so thankful to have you in my life. I know we will be in each other's lives forever. I love you.
4. Even though you were his friend first, you know that over the years, you and I got much closer than you and he will ever be. So why won't you call me? Because he told you not to? I could really use your friendship right now. But whatever.
5. I'm sorry I didn't make my feelings more clear or express them in a better way. I know you thought they (my feelings) were circumstantial--being in Africa and all. And I know you didn't trust them, for that reason. But they were real. I wonder if I'll ever see or talk to you again.
6. I wish we were closer. I've tried, and I know you have too. Some things you just can't force, and being related to someone doesn't guarantee closeness. I love you very much anyway, and I'll try hard to be there for you and your kids as much as I can.
7. I know you tried and did the best you could, even if some of it was very wrong and misguided. You always meant and tried to do the right thing. I'm so happy we have the solid relationship we have today--it is one of the most important things in my life.
8. I love you--I always have--but you infuriate me. You don't know why. You should.
9. I will never understand why you claimed to love me for who I am and then expected me to change, completely, into the opposite of who I am. And then blamed me for it. You have taught me a valuable lesson, though, and now I know I will never let anyone crush my spirit or snuff out who I am. Thank you.
10. This is a group one--I'm cheating, but I don't care. This group deserves it. You are all awesome. Thank you for your support, for making me laugh, for making the day-to-day bearable. Words can't do justice to my gratitude and happiness for having all of you in my life. (Pretty sappy, I know. Sorry. Again--I'm feeling it now.)


6 Comments:
i happily thought i might be number 3, then realized i'm probably 7 or 8. oh well, i'll just have to live with the uncertainty.
I can't say which post is about whom--it's against the rules. Sorry.
aren't we all hoping for number 3?
it'd be...nice. but as long as I am not number 1, I'm cool
I know I'm not #3, but I damn sure wouldn't want to be #s 1 or 9.
The #s 10 will always be there when you need us!
damn you! the uncertainty is killing me! i must know why i infuriate you!
Ah! People stole my idea of saying "You're welcome" for #3. I guess that night in Nashville meant less than I thought. >:-(
But I AM one of the #10s, so that's pretty cool. :-D
By the way, I LOVE the name of your blog. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home