I FILED!!!
O.K., I did it.
I filed first.
I think.
Maybe not.
I mean, I know I filed, but I don't know if I was first or not.
I filed first.
I think.
Maybe not.
I mean, I know I filed, but I don't know if I was first or not.
Of course, I have no way of knowing whether or not S. has already filed. But after considering the advice I've gotten today (and in general), I figured I've got nothing to lose. And potentially, I've got a lot to gain. Consider:
- If, by chance, S. has not filed yet, I've beaten him to the punch. If my actions prevent him from itemizing and coming out ahead on the tax situation . . sorry, but I'm throwing a party! (My friends are now crossing their fingers and rejoicing--I throw a hell of a party!)
- If he has filed already, it will take the IRS a long time, probably years, to clue in to it all. My return has no red flags and is of the kind of least concern to the bean counters. If and when they DO clue in, I'll have well-documented paperwork about this whole mess, and I'll deal with it if/when it happens.
- And by the way, SCREW HIM.
Jackass.
I'll still meet with the attorney on Tuesday, though. I'll let you know what he says.
O.K., I'm going to stop posting for the day now--I swear. I'm going to have some wine and watch "The L Word," which is basically a soap opera about lesbians and has very few men in it. No offense to my wonderful and dear male friends, but that sounds very appealing right now.


2 Comments:
Good decision! Only you know what's right for you and you did it. Whew! That's one less thing to stress about, right?
Way to go!
It seems clear that you've got to make your own path since S. isn't interested in anything at all. So, do what you've got to do and let him adjust to you.
(And BTW, if you keep posting at this rate, I'll never be able to watch anymore TV!)
Post a Comment
<< Home